Fatty liver is the accumulation of triglycerides and other fats buildup in the liver cells.
Types of Fatty Liver Disease
- Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
- Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (AFLD)
Signs of fatty live
- Weight loss,
- Yellow eyes and skin (Jaundice)
- Swollen belly
Prevent of fatty liver
- Lose weight. (Weight loss 5% of your body weight might decrease fat in the liver and weight loss 7-10% can decrease inflammation and liver injury.
- Aerobic exercise with vigorous intensity possibly decreases fat in liver and inflammation.
- Avoiding alcohol consumption
- Consuming balanced diet such as limited salt intake, increase intake fruit and vegetables.
- Decreasing consumption of high cholesterol diet such as cheese, milk, seafood, ice cream.
- Supplement intake such as Vitamin E (to decrease liver inflammation), Vitamin B (to repair liver cell)